Table of Contents
- Starter Tips For Flying the Altair AA108 - Watch First
- Headless Mode, What is it? How to Use it?
- How To Connect the FlyingSee App to the Altair AA
- Trim Functions For Altair AA108
- Headless Mode Video
- Memory Card for Altair AA108
- How to Start The Propellers on the AA108 using the Neutral Function / Better for Beginners!
- How To Know if You're in Headless Mode or Not Altair Aerial AA108.
- Correct Propeller Installation Tips for Altair AA108
- You Must Have the MicroSD card Installed Before You Can Record Video
- Aerial Footage from the AA108
Starter Tips For Flying the Altair AA108 - Watch FirstBack To Top
When starting out with flying the Altair Aerial AA108 please take into account these starter tips.
1. Start out flying indoors to get used to the controls before taking it outside. Also when you do move outside fly it around nearby for awhile before taking out to its max range.
2. Make sure you start out flying in the 1st skill level by using the H/L button on the back of the controller, when you push it, it'll beep once for level 1, twice for level 2, and 3 times for level 3. 1 is for beginner flyers, 2 is for intermediate, and 3 is for advanced pilots.
3. Use the neutral function to start the propellers by pushing the controller sticks together and down towards your body at the same time, this is safer than using the one button take off and landing button, especially for new flyers and when flying indoors.
Headless Mode, What is it? How to Use it?Back To Top
Headless mode can be complicated to learn how to use, that's why we made this video to give you a direct look at how to turn headless mode on and what it should look like when you're using it!
How To Connect the FlyingSee App to the Altair AABack To Top
In this video I show you how to connect the FlyingSee App to the Altair Aerial AA108 and get a video feed to your drone.
Be Aware that to take video you'll need to have a Micro SD card installed in the Altair AA108.
Trim Functions For Altair AA108Back To Top
Here's a quick video to explain how to Trim the Altair Aerial AA108 until it hovers perfectly!
Hello Everyone, here's a quick DIY video we made to help explain the trim button and how to get your drone hovering in place & stable.
1. The trim button is on the back of the remote.
2. Hold it down while moving the right analog stick left, right, forward, or backward to adjust the trim.
3. Each time the trim adjusts you will hear a beep.
4. Adjust all four directions until your Altair AA108 is hovering in place with almost no movement in any direction.
You shouldn't have to do this very often, just if you crash or when you first take the drone out of the box.
If you're flying and you feel like your control is getting a little off, bring the drone back and adjust the trim until it's hovering well, that should make it stable again!
Headless Mode VideoBack To Top
Another Home Made Mike & Matt video explaining Headless Hold (Heading Hold) Mode, it explains how to get it functioning properly.
Here's another one of our quick DIY homemade videos to help you get started with Headless Mode on the Altair Aerial AA108.
1. Headless mode will only work if you turn it on when you are facing the drone holding the remote control in front of you and the drone is facing AWAY from you. **This is important**
In order for headless mode to function properly please make sure the AA108 is facing away from you and you are holding the remote control in front of you pointing towards the drone.
Push the Heading Hold button on the face of the remote, the bottom left button, and the led lights will start blinking on the drone. This means heading hold has engaged.
If heading hold mode is properly engaged then:
**When you push the control stick forward the drone will go away from you.
**When you push it back it will come towards you, no matter which way the drone is facing.
This can be useful for learning to fly in the beginning as well as potentially getting the drone back if it's too far away for you to tell which direction it is facing.
Memory Card for Altair AA108Back To Top
Here's a video regarding the Memory Card for the Altair AA108.
Hi Everyone, here's another Home Made video from Altair to help you with any questions you may have.
The correct memory card you should use will say:
Micro SD HC 32GB or less, Class 10 is the best speed for use with the Altair Aerial AA108.
How to Start The Propellers on the AA108 using the Neutral Function / Better for Beginners!Back To Top
The one button take off and landing can cause the drone to take off quite quickly into the air and if you are new to flying a drone it's likely better that you use the neutral start function.
Press the analog control sticks both together and down towards your body and it will start the propellers into neutral. This is a safer way to start flying indoor and especially for people who are new to piloting a drone.
How To Know if You're in Headless Mode or Not Altair Aerial AA108.Back To Top
Please be aware that flying in headless mode while not actually realizing you ARE flying in headless mode is a quick way to lose your drone.
Be careful to make sure you see the LED lights on the drone as holding on all the time, or blinking.
Blinking means the drone is in headless mode and you should be aware that the controls will be different for this mode compared to regular when the LED lights are solid on.
Correct Propeller Installation Tips for Altair AA108Back To Top
Please make sure you understand that the 4 propellers on the Altair Aerial AA108 must be installed in the correct fashion for the controls to work properly.
The propellers on the AA108 are labeled with the letter A or the Letter B. Make sure that you install the propellers with the altair drone facing away from you set on a flat surface.
Then install the A propellers in the top left and bottom right motors, and the B propellers on the Top right and Bottom left motors.
You Must Have the MicroSD card Installed Before You Can Record VideoBack To Top
In this video I show you how to connect the FlyingSee App to the Altair Aerial AA108 and get a video feed to your drone. Be Aware that to take video you'll need to have a Micro SD card installed in the Altair AA108.